According to a study by TrueCar, fall and winter are the best times to buy a new car as dealers are trying to clear their inventory of older models before the new ones arrive. If you’re planning to take advantage of these hot deals, consider these five tips before buying your next set of wheels.
1. To buy or not to buy? That is the question. Whether you buy or lease your car, it’s a big decision. Do you prefer to own your wheels or do you like to get a new one after just a few years? Check out this Pros and Cons of Leasing vs. Buying a Car list to see what’s right for you.
2. Will you get the most bang for your buck? Since your new car payment is typically one of the biggest ticket items in your monthly bills, you’ll want to figure out what you can afford. To help stick to your budget, CNN Money offers several great tips and things to consider in determining your car budget.
3. Who will use your car? Whether you buy a vehicle for you, your spouse and children or you and your pet, you need to decide which option is right for you. Your car-shopping check-list may consist of a family friendly vehicle. Take a look at this list of best family friendly vehicles for 2016 for ideas.
Source: Ecumenical News
4. How can your new vehicle help the environment? When you chose a steel-intensive vehicle, you make a sound choice for you, your family and the environment. Steel helps keep vehicles lightweight using less gas, has the lowest emissions during the production phase compared to alternative materials and also is completely recyclable – making steel the environmentally sound choice.
5. What features are sleek and stylish? While looks aren’t everything, a car’s appearance is important when deciding what to drive for the next 3 to 5 years. Automakers are redesigning their models every year bringing the hottest new technologies and sleek designs to market. No matter what catches your fancy, a steel vehicle has all the glitz and glam of a new car without making any compromises to the environment. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Anything we missed? Share your thoughts about what to keep in mind when car shopping in the comments below.